Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Clay animal boys

All over the Drakensberg area where ever the holiday makers go are people selling either traditional Zulu design woven items or little clay animals.  These boys were sitting at one of the lookout points and asked if I wanted to buy something from them.  I asked them if they made the animal figures and the one said that his brother did and they were just selling it during the school holidays.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough money on me, but they did allow me to take a couple of pictures of them to use on the blog.  I have to add that these three were very keen models, posing in a different way for each photo.

5 comments:

  1. Ah yes - these little clay animals are at most places where cars stop but are very cute! Will have to buy one next time. Enterprising youngsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clay critters are cute. I saw some of the weavings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire they could be big business in the USA.. priceless these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little boys.Cute warthogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The critters look like they've been well carved, and the brothers are great subjects!

    ReplyDelete