Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pink baby unicorn

I heard the rumours but nobody had photographic evidence.  Very much like the Knysna forest elephants, just more elusive and mysterious.  I knew the pink flowers only appeared in autumn after good rains, which is something that doesn't happen much.  I prepared, checked my camera, checked my batteries...  Arriving at the location there wasn't any trace of it.  I crawled as quietly as I could through the flowers and found a spot to make myself comfortable. Waiting... Watching... And there it was, a fleeting glimpse, a flash of pink in the pink.  I pointed my camera in its direction and got only one picture before it disappeared.  But now I have it.  The only evidence that pink baby unicorns do exist.  

Just for those confused visitors used to my regular posts, I felt like posting something a bit different from my usual today. 

5 comments:

  1. She's cute!! Didn't realise how tiny unicorns were !!! .. and fluffy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you going out on these fantastical adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fantastic idea to increase tourism to PE! Just think of the untapped unicorn ££ that's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;~) pink Oxalis on my post today too.

    ReplyDelete