Saturday, November 18, 2017

Spending a day in the Tsitsikamma - video

I have always wanted to make travel videos.  When I started working as a tourist guide in 1998 I had a little video camera which I filmed my tours with.  Back then I didn't know anything about editing.  The video was basically what I shot and I had to make sure the video was rewound just far enough for the next shot to start where I wanted it to.  All those videos are somewhere on VHS tapes in a cupboard at home.  Somewhere I kinda lost the whole video thing and started enjoying photography and blogging.  But as a blogger I started to feel like I'm falling further and further behind many other travel bloggers who started including more video on their social media platforms.

A few weeks ago we headed out to the Tsitsikamma for a day and I decided that it was time to give video a go again.  Rather than go out and take photos all day, I took video clips on my DSLR camera and on returning downloaded a very easy to use video editing program.  This week I finally had a chance to play around with it and once I started I couldn't stop.  I realise that with the DSLR obviously not having an anti-shake like a video camera has I should probably have used a tripod, but I live and learn.  I must say that I was quite impressed with the end result.  Obviously, I still have a lot to learn, but you can definitely be sure that you will be seeing a lot more video from me in future.

So here it is, my first video called A day in the Tsitsikamma.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Great video. I will be doing everything that you guys did in the video. Nice perspective of the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your personal stuffs is beautiful. All the time deal with it up! Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive website. Numerous helpful tips in this article. Excellent activity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to ignore such an Amazing article like this. I'm Amazed with your writing talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Useful post Thanks for sharing it that’s truly valuable topic. Amazing

    ReplyDelete