Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Twig Wilter Bug again

I did a post on Twig Wilter Bugs about 18 months or so ago after finding a number of them in my garden.  It seems that they appear seasonally as a little while back I had a whole "invasion" of them on a creeper plant in my back yard.  They live off the sap of the plants causing the plants to wilt.  Hence the name.

Seeing that they produce a foul-smelling secretion as a defence I decided to keep my distance, although they kept on turning around and moving off when I got too close with my camera. 

3 comments:

  1. Does look like our Stink bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 'stink bug' must be related....its a little smaller then this one and doesn't have the Orange tips on the antennas. Going to have to Google and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! Love the orange tips on his feelers.

    ReplyDelete