Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Moon

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its a ... Super Moon?  Tonight, 19 March 2011, we had an occurrence of a Super Moon.  A super moon takes place when there is a full moon on the night when the moon is at its closest point to the earth in its orbit.  Its also the closest super moon in nearly twenty years and the next super moon will only take place in 2016.  Even though the full moon looked slightly bigger than normal, it was only 1% closer to earth than it was at full moon last month and the full moon next month would be further away than tonight.  Makes sense? To me its just a bunch of howling at the moon.  By the way, I used to howl at the full moon, but I'm okay nooooooooowwwwwwwww......

4 comments:

  1. Auuuuuuuuuuuuu.......

    Your version is much clearer than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shootin there mister!!!

    I just posted on on my blog too.

    Stay safe and keep shootin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! its raining here cant see a darn thing! Paradise my eye!=0I

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had time to photograph the moon myself...we were driving to a party when hubby noticed in the review mirror...I made him stop so I could take the photo, wished I had my tripod as all photo's I took were blur!!!!

    ReplyDelete