Friday, February 11, 2011

Golden Gate

One of the most famous landmarks in the Free State is the imposing Brandberg (burning mountain) rock in the Golden Gate Highlands National Park.  We passed through Golden Gate on our way to the Drakensberg, but unfortunately the day was starting to get late and we still had some distance to drive.  This meant that there wasn't any time to hang around and take in more of the park.  Very disappointing, but definitively something that will go onto the "places to visit in future" list.

5 comments:

  1. Love the earthy colors of that sandstone cliff. Except for all the lush green, it reminds me of the canyon rock and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gotta be a great view from up top there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's well worth the visit Jonker! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous. I would love to see more pictures of the Free State. My mother was born there.

    I love looking at the photos on your blog. One day I hope to visit your gorgeous country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you are sharing great images and enticing stories making me wish I was taking a tour with your group.

    ReplyDelete