Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Drinking from the tap

You know when you wish you had another chance at doing something?  Well, this is one of those occasions.  I was in my camp chair fiddling with my camera when I noticed the little Cape White-Eye sitting on the tap.  I just had a feeling that he was going to do what he did and there was only enough time to zoom, focus and click one picture before he flew off.  Oh how I wish I had my tripod set up for a clear crisp picture of him drinking from the tap.

12 comments:

  1. What an amazing photo. You were really lucky to catch this shot. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that is such a great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did Great. Just knowing behavior patterns gave you an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! Well done! That was VERY quick! Good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHH this is Magnificent!! U can always go back set up.. sit and wait.. he will be back... BUT this picture caught off guard will always be the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great capture and awesome timing even without a tripod.
    One thing birds have taught me is let them get to know you and gradually move in closer so you can get "That Shot" and you do not need a 500mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right place, right time. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just think of it this way. At least you had your camera and were fiddling with it! Otherwise it would be a tall tale! Great shot....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - no one would believe you, if you just told them the story. Love that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo!! Spur of the moment is always good... even if we have to rely on the birds to supply the insperation! ;-)

    ReplyDelete