Monday, January 31, 2011

Ant food

During our camping holiday in the Drakensberg I rolled my ankle on one of the hikes because I was looking around for interesting stuff to photograph and not where I was walking.  So somebody asked me at the office why I don't watch where I am going.  Because then I would miss the little things.  Things like ants taking food to their nests.

A seed nearly as big as the ant himself.  And this was a big ant.

Teamwork to get the grasshopper to the nest

This butterfly (or moth) was done and delivered.  They didn't have any use for the wings though.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it amaze you at how strong these little things are? Imagine trying to carry something almost as big as you! I think they're incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ants are fascinating to watch. But you also have to watch where you're walking.

    ReplyDelete