Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sand ripples

As some of you may know, I love sunset pictures. Sunrises as well, but I normally rise with the sun and not before it. When I do get by behind out of bed for a sunrise, I try to make it worth it. I was out at Cape Recife Nature Reserve (the western end of Algoa Bay) the other morning and shortly after sunrise noticed the shadows and light playing with the ripples in the sand. I have to say, this looks like it could have been an aerial picture taken over some desert as well.

2 comments:

  1. gawdd thats beautiful! Nothing like sand in the mornin. grab a chair a cup of coffee and listen to te sand ! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely - I've always wanted to capture a shot like that, but have never been at the right place, at the right time with camera in hand!

    ReplyDelete