Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Today is Halloween. Unfortunately Halloween isn't really celebrated here in South Africa which is a bit of a bummer because I think I would really enjoy Halloween celebrations. So here I am sitting in front of my computer screen with no trick or treatsters knocking on my front door, no pumpkin faces anywhere to be seen, no costumes and no sweets (ok, so the last one is because me and the Damselfly are both on diet and its going well) I had this very creative pic planned with my daughter and a plastic spider as my Halloween post and when we got home I could for the death of me not find the spider anywhere. Darn! That pic will have to wait till I find the little elusive eight legged critter. So what can I post that is Halloweeny? Well, seeing that my Halloween theme pics are a bit limited, here is a scene of the South End Cemetery, one of the older cemeteries around town. Happy Halloween everybody.

3 comments:

  1. And a Happy Hallowean to you, great creepy shot of the cemetery. We,ve finished our trick and treating, and Hallowean celebrations, time for a quiet glass or 2......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love cemetery shots - and as far as cemeteries go - the older the better. As long as I'm not left there alone after dark...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot! Do you know what the dome-shaped monument at the back is for?

    ReplyDelete