Sunday, September 21, 2008

Candelabra Flower

The Candelabra Flower grows from a bulb which means that you don't know its there till it flowers. This pic was taken at Cape St Francis with the Seal Point Lighthouse in the background. The coffee shop and lighthouse tours are run by the Ajubatus marine bird and mammal rehabilitation project and they put up signs all over the show asking people not to pic the flowers and specially not to carry the dead flowers away as that is the time they drop their seeds for future generations.

I am heading for China tomorrow. We are exhibiting in a tourism and cultural festival in the city of Ningbo. Ningbo is Nelson Mandela Bay's twin city and they invited us to come and participate. I don't normally travel this much in my work, it's just that this is turning out to be a busy two months. Hopefully by late October I will be able to settle down again and *holding thumbs* take my tons of overtime leave. Anyway, I will be back again on the 2nd of October with what I am hoping will be tons of nice pics. Check you all later.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Another fabulous shot. Love the lighthouse in the background, really very nice perspective. Enjoy your trip, hope you bring back lots of great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot....Lucky you, off to china, have a great time, and hope you get lots of photo opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that shot. Angle is brilliant and colours are fantastic. Must remember to approach life like an insect more often from down below...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the kind words...this picture is peaceful. it sort of brings perspective to my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the composition is awesome.. one of a kind.

    Have a great time in China. I'll look forward to the photos you bring back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come to you today from a blogging friend, Jo, from A Majority of Two. Quite impressed with your photography skills and a little bit jealous.
    For reasons unbeknownst to me, South Africa is a place I long to visit. It is on my top 5 list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is an absolutely brilliant shot, I can just visualise you leopard crawling through the grass to get it!

    ReplyDelete